The WAAR Story
The Wichita Area Association of REALTORS® (WAAR) is a local affiliate of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR). Our members have met state requirements to sell real estate, but, most important, each member has also pledged to adhere to a strict Code of Ethics, promising to conduct their day-to-day business with the foremost concern for their clients. Information regarding the Code of Ethics can be found on our our Professionalism Page.
The Waar Mission
To enhance the ability of our members to achieve success in an ethical and professional manner, advocate for and be the voice of the real estate industry in Central Kansas.
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES 2014
ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE
GUIDING PURPOSE: To be accountable for the absolute adherence to our fiduciary duties and ensure financial stability to efficiently support the growth of members, leadership and staff.
- Evaluate and analyze membership growth opportunities
- Increase and develop alternative revenue
- Identify and implement administrative efficiencies
- Invest in and support staff professional development
- Ensure compliance of governing documents
- Identify and develop future leaders
- Monitor and evaluate assets and investments
GUIDING PURPOSE: To challenge and inspire our members to enhance their knowledge, professionalism, integrity and accountability.
- Recruit, develop and nurture members to serve as dynamic association leaders
- Provide current, relevant and quality educational opportunities through traditional and emerging technologies to empower the real estate professional
- Champion the doctrine of the National Association of REALTORS® Code of Ethics through exemplary ethical conduct
- Engage members by providing resources to enhance their growth and development
GUIDING PURPOSE: To influence and impact public policy and regulation for the protection of private property rights, economic development and the benefit of property ownership.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local government officials and state elected officials._
- Maximize investments and resources for the protection of private property rights and economic development locally and in conjunction with the Kansas Association of REALTORS®
- Engage members in the grassroots level of the political process
- Analyze, author and / or impact proposed and current public policy and regulations
MEMBER SERVICES & PUBLIC AWARENESS
GUIDING PURPOSE: To communicate the value and benefits of association services, encourage property ownership and promote a positive public image.
- Convey vital information and share collective wisdom via events, multi-channel marketing and digital communications
- Be actively involved in the community
- Deliver essential programs, products, and services utilizing economies of scale to our members
- Identify, promote and communicate the positive aspects of private property ownership to our members and the public
- Cultivate, develop and enhance the Association and REALTOR® brand